Thursday, July 05, 2007

eight

I was tagged by chloe and I am supposed to write 8 things that you don’t know about me and tag 8 more people. Hm, let’s see..
1. I collect wooden pencils and sometimes magnets from museums and galleries, I love it when I return and unpack and place the new ones in the pencil case and on the fridge door :)
2.I recycle paper, glass, plastic at home and at work, I never leave taps running, I’ve started buying bio products etc. And then I watch the fires on tv and I get so fucking angry I want to scream and punch the culprits on the face or set them alive on fire.
3. I used to dye my hair red for almost nine years but I’ve returned back to my natural brown colour since last summer. It's such a relief now worrying about roots growing and colour fading and not going to the hairdressers every month.
4. When I was 21 I had a tattoo at Kalidromiou street, it didn’t hurt much, the pain was sort of like having your bikini waxed. From time to time I think about having a second one but I’m afraid it’s addictive and I will end up like those people without an inch of tattoo-free skin.
5. As an only child I sometimes miss having a brother or a sister but there is nothing I can do about it really.
6. My best friend who is like a sister to me has decided to live in the UK and not return to Greece. I sometimes miss her very very much but I know she is happier there and it's all that matters after all.
7. I used to be nervous when I began driving in Athens as I was used to less hectic provincial-town roads. Now the anxiety has disappeared, I'm just tired of traffic jams and stupid drivers who respect no rules.
8. I've recently taken up swimming and I am trying hard to take it seriously and not spend the whole hour lazing around in the pool and dreaming of sunbeds and pink coctails. The quick pace of the other swimmers fortunately helps. My crappy goggles don't.

tagged (but just ignore this if you are not in the mood ; )
supacoopa, cd,dimitra, silent stelios, xilaren

4 Comments:

Blogger x said...

my friend wants to live in the UK too (as i do but she has no kids, so it's a bit easier for her) and i dread the thought of staying in this ugly city without her. :(
So i understand. xxx

July 06, 2007 1:59 am  
Blogger on_a_sunbeam said...

I hope your friend won't leave, but even if she does you will have more excuses to travel to the UK more often ;)

July 09, 2007 11:32 am  
Blogger Xilaren said...

exactly my point!!! visit her/us!
:-)

thaks for the tagging, i did it some time ago, here and it was so diificult! i hate lists!

hope all's well

July 09, 2007 12:15 pm  
Blogger on_a_sunbeam said...

if the tickets were cheaper I would be there every month!!

now, I know how your nick is pronounced, although I still have no idea what it means : )

July 10, 2007 1:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home