Tuesday, September 18, 2007

weekends away


“Dear diary
what is wrong with me?
cos I'm fine between the lines…”

Dear diary,

I know I haven’t been into a blogging mood lately and I’m not sure when it will come back to me. Anyhow, elections were a good excuse for a final escape- the last long weekend, a farewell to summer. A five-hour bus ride with lots of catching up with my best friend who had just arrived out of the blue from the UK for a wedding, lying on an almost empty beach shivering from the cold sea and watching the planes land on the nearby airport, sulking in the backseat of the car, headphones on, after yet another argument with my parents as if I was 16 again, watching the sun set from one of the most beautiful hills of the island and playing with my baby cats were just some of the weekend’s snapshots.

Other than that my laptop is dying a slow death and I have to figure out what to do soon! The problem is that I made the mistake of falling in love with a macbook which is pricey but so beautifullll!! What shall I do?? Phew, decisions, decisions, I'm tired of decisions dear diary...


10 Comments:

Blogger silent stelios said...

Πρωτα το ipod σου, τωρα το laptop σου..
Ειναι δυσκολο να μην την πατησεις με τα macbook - ειναι τοσο ομορφα!
Ποιο ερωτευτηκες αληθεια; Το pro; Το μαυρο;
Ωραιο σουκου ακουγεται (apart from the argument!)
Ελπιζω το blogging mood να σου ξαναρθει γρηγορα.

September 18, 2007 12:37 pm  
Blogger on_a_sunbeam said...

άσε έγινε θαύμα και το ipod αναστήθηκε από μόνο του το καλοκαίρι, φτου φτου φτου παίζει μια χαρά τώρα!

αχ, αγάπησα το λευκό macbook, ευτυχώς γιατί είναι και το πιο οικονομικό αλλά και πάλι ένα μισθό και κάτι ψιλά θέλω, αν είχε έστω λίγο μεγαλύτερη οθόνη, tough decision... αν περιμένω μέχρι τα χριστούγεννα και το ζητήσω από τον άγιο βασίλη... :P

September 19, 2007 10:40 am  
Blogger WinterAcademy said...

now THAT is cute :)

September 19, 2007 5:27 pm  
Blogger Dimitra Daisy said...

Αχ θέλω κι εγώ τέτοιο Άγιο Βασίλη.

And have you heard the Would-be-goods cover of Southermost? I used to have a huge crush on it (on the pre-last.fm days, so it doesn't show in my charts).

Και επίσης κι εγώ ελπίζω να σου ξανάρθει το blogging mood σύντομα.

Και ξανά επίσης I heart people who write half in english και μισά ελληνικά, did I say?

September 20, 2007 2:12 am  
Blogger on_a_sunbeam said...

my kitten is a CUTWEE : P

dimitra, μόλις το άκουσα το southermost, πολύ μελαγχολικό και φθινοπωρινό το έχουν κάνει! όσο για τα ελληνικά-αγγλικά τι να πω, είμαι αναποφάσιστη :P

September 20, 2007 1:42 pm  
Blogger Xilaren said...

ok, having abandoned my real, true love for the black mac over a coventional marriage with a dell last year(dei di xrimatwn blah blah blah), i would suggest to really go for the mac. u will surely regret it as true loves die hard :))

hope all's well in the rest

September 23, 2007 4:53 am  
Blogger on_a_sunbeam said...

still thinking about it as my old laptop seems to be on resurrection mode for now : )I should start saving up!

xx

September 24, 2007 3:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really depends what you do with your laptop. If you only use it for editing, web surfing you may go for a MAC. With special software you can even have both windows and MAC OS running on it. For me, the MAC cost is high. Application wise,you can find more free software for windows PC systems.

server_pics

September 29, 2007 8:28 am  
Blogger on_a_sunbeam said...

hey, michel thanks for the tips :) I still haven't decided, the other thing everybody says is that rainbow sucks and you have to keep your fingers crossed you will never need customer service :(

October 01, 2007 2:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, the same applies for other laptops as well. Once I heard that the worst of all are the Fujitsu Siemens laptops for customer service.

Michel

October 01, 2007 10:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home