Wednesday, October 25, 2006

awoo




The third hidden cameras cd "awoo" came by post last week. I was really looking forward to it, I was checking the mailbox every day and I was waiting impatiently to listen to the first tunes as I was putting it in the cd-player. And then I was disappointed (and a bit bored to tell you the truth). Where are the melodies? Where is the lyricism and why the hell is "SHE" gone? WHERE is my favourite band? Where are the boys of melody? If there were not some glimpses of the old hidden cameras still there and Gibb's voice so distinctive, I would say the band has been kidnapped by aliens and turned 'straight'. Not to mention that most of the songs in "awoo" sound so similar to one another! Everybody is allowed to change, evolve bla,bla,bla, I guess I will give "awoo" some time but I doubt I will bother to turn the songs in mp3 format. And these days, that's one way of telling what I really liked or not. The cd cover is cute though.

2 Comments:

Blogger x said...

god i am so old. i don't know any of this music.
:(
xx

October 28, 2006 3:00 am  
Blogger on_a_sunbeam said...

it's not you being old, it's me spending too much time online and hassling djs at pop with "what's this and that". I can't help it, it's a flaw left from the days I used to write for a website :-)

October 30, 2006 11:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home